ACORAB Nepal is promoting the Community Mediation with the support of the Australian Government in close coordination with The Asia Foundation in seven earthquake hit districts of Province 3 through Media Advocacy and Lobbying.
The objective of the conduction of Policy Dialogue was to make the local representatives and local government more responsible and accountable toward the mediation issues.
The policy dialogue program was conducted in headquarter Chautara of Sindhupalchowk on September 27th of 2018 in presence of Chief District Officers, District Judge, Chief of District Coordination Committee, head of local government bodies, Mayor and deputy Mayor, mediators, media person.
Uddhav Poudel, the regional coordinator of NRCTC -Nepal presented on the gaps and challenges in coordination with the local government, unclear law and policy and the expectation of local mediators. Based on it, local governments had expressed their commitments and co-operation.
- the local government unclear about the community reconciliation
- The policy opacity for the process and selection of community mediators.
- lack of proper coordination between reconciliation mediators and the local government
- Lack of tools and technique for policy in trouble shooting and solutions.
- community radios seems to work hard by reaching more and more villages and programs
Local level sub-heads were promoting the difficulty of policy-making and prioritizing the task of community reconciliation. The commitment to fulfill the role of responsibility can help community reconciliation to reach a new height.
Krishna Gopal Tamang: coordinator at district coordination committee
- By coordinating local government, I will work by making community reconciliation first priority.
- I will create a special strategy instrument regarding community reconciliation by incorporating the local level.
Krishna Prasad Adhikari: Chief District Officer
- the civil cases and issues will be solved by the local level judiciary committee
- I will instruct the police to send the issue of civil cases coming to the administration for the first consent of community reconciliation.
Tika Ram Acharya: District Judge
- to facilitate the visibility of legalization and complexity of community mediation
- To assist in the enhancement of local attraction towards community reconciliation as the hard work of community radios, community mediation and local government has bought to this level.
- to help the office bodies in spreading awareness on information regarding community mediation.
Aman Singh Tamang; Mayor of Chautara Sangachowkgadi
- Committed to raise additional budget for the community reconciliation program next year.
- To prioritize the work related to reconciliation and encourage deputy -mayor to promote it too.
Januka Parajuli: Deputy Mayor of Chautara Sangachowkgadi
- To work together with reconciliation team to overcome the difficulty and absence of rules ad regulation of judicial committee on mediation.
- To uphold the trust and confidence of community people by helping in judiciay committee and local mediators.
- committed to launch "Ghumti" reconciliation
- Committed to convey the message of the program to the deputy chief at local government.
HemGanag Moktan: Deputy Chief, Lishankhupakhar Municipality
- initiate to separate the budget for community reconciliation
- work together with the community mediators
- To send the dispute to the judicial committee first in the community reconciliation center.
Dabuti Sherpa: vice-president, Bhotekoshi Municipality
- To try to make clear about the disputes and reconciliation to others.
- Consult with the community mediators before making the dispute a case.
- To double the budget for reconciliation.
The topics raised in the program will help to eradicate the policy of social reconciliation regarding community reconciliation regarding community reconciliation. Community reconciliation will be made smoothly by the local government working in policy; the dispute has been shared with all the participants. The policy dialogue will increase cooperation between the partners. The help of community reconciliation will help to overcome the policy crisis. Community radio and CIN will be able to follow up and bring them to the ages for the commitment made in the discussion during the discussion.